Monday, December 22, 2008

What this Christmas means




It's been snowing off an on for the past five days or so and more snow to come. Somehow it doesn't put off the shoppers. Every place I've gone has been packed with people. Hopefully that will be good for the economy. D4 should be ecstatic about the snow, since she insisted that we have snow for Christmas. I took some pictures of my dog running in the snow. She is the smartest dog in the world. I got out the camera and opened the door to the back yard where there is at least a foot of snow. Most dogs would just run back inside, but I showed her the camera and said, "Run!" and she took off bounding through the snow. Then when I had taken three pictures (posted here), she decided that was enough and ran into the house. It's good to have something to make me laugh.

Christmas time is a wonderful time. We rejoice over the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ and we rejoice in His plan for our family to be together forever.

We are so blessed this year in spite of missing my mother, who died in April. We have enough and to spare when so many others are hurting. Part of having enough was started years ago when I felt the need to pursue a Ph.D. and also when my husband changed to his present job. Both moves seemed a bit risky at the time, but because of those moves we are employable during recession times. So, we're OK.

But the most important thing this year and every year is family, family, family. All of our family are safe. Most of the family will be home during the holidays. I'm super excited about that. I will miss D2 and SIL1, who are staying at their home, but we hope to visit them in the next few months.

I am reminded of D1 when she was just six years old. I had just had our fourth baby, D3, and D1 cuddled the new little one, saying, "Isn't it wonderful that the more babies we have, the more people there are to love them." Think about it.

No comments: