Thursday, August 19, 2010

Good-bye, my baby. Hello, white knight.


So, it's official according to the insurance company. My motorcycle is a total loss after my son crashed on it. I am very grateful both my son and grandson are alive, although injured. However, I am in mourning for my baby, which is what I called my motorcycle. It was a honey of a bike, too--a red and black Kawasaki Vulcan 900 LT Classic. I put almost 20,000 miles on it riding all over the Western States and to the Midwest and back. Lots of good memories.

The upside is that I have a new motorcycle. It is white and silver, hence the white knight. It is also a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 LT Classic, but it is lots newer. We'll see how many miles I can get on it. I thought red and black was the only legitimate motorcycle color, but I'm getting used the the white and silver.

No comments: